Actress Amber Coney "Most Beautiful 30 under 30 issue" Q&A
Amber Coney - Dead Of Summer
Photographer : Lesley Bryce http://www.lesleybryce.com
Fashion Editor :Rhonda Mcknight
1. How did you land the role in "Dead of summer”?
It was one of the first things I auditioned for at the beginning of pilot season this year. When I read the material for the first time, I was immediately drawn to the project and the part, so I was very excited to go in for it. I did an initial audition for the casting directors, and then I had a callback that same day. Soon after, I was one of three actors who were asked to test for the role, and I auditioned at the Disney lot in Burbank for the creators of the show and network executives. I found out the next week that I got the part, and I was absolutely elated.
2. Are you a big horror movie buff?
I’m not, actually. I’ve always been super sensitive when it comes to horror, so I only watch horror films if they are movies that I absolutely cannot miss.
3. Do you get scared easy?
4. How real does it feel with the setting of the camp, did it bring back any childhood memories ?
Well, I didn’t go to this kind of camp as a child, so it’s a pretty new experience for me. I would never want to go to a camp like Camp Stillwater in real life, considering the circumstances of the show!
5. So you are also a writer. Who are some of your favorite writers?
Sylvia Plath, Richard Yates, Pablo Neruda… and I’m just starting to get into Stephen King!
6. What inspires you and why? I am inspired by other artists and works of art. I am inspired by cinema, literature, incredible performances, and by so many things I see and feel in this world.
7. What makes someone “Beautiful”? A rich, empathetic, evolving, intelligent, loving, generous, and curious inner life.
8. What’s the biggest turn off that a person can do? Not have love for themselves and others.
9. Any Hollywood crushes? I haven't thought about hollywood crushes since I was a teen!
10. What project can we look for 2017 or later in 2016? Aside from Dead of Summer, I’ve done a lot of work with Rabbit Bandini, James Franco’s production company. Films that I’ve acted in, such as Kill the Czar and The Institute, should be out soon, and a few films that I’ve written with James are going into production this Summer, so be on the lookout for those as well.
11. How can fans reach out to you? Instagram: @amberconey Twitter: @amberconey https://www.facebook.com/amberconey/