Gothic Chic – Recreate Rita Ora’s Met Gala Look
Rita Ora let her crown do the talking – Hair Stylist Brent Lawler created an exuberant headpiece which paired perfectly with flowing bleach-blonde tresses. How to get the look:
- Wash hair using a special shampoo for colored hair
- Deep condition it and apply a mask to make for optimum hydration
- Prepping products – the roots have to be not too sleek in order to let the headpiece stay in place all night, so after blow drying it’s a good idea to add a sprayable powder
- Blow dry hair in sections using a barreled brush and then straighten the sections for a completely sleek look.
- Finish off with a serum for glossy shine and a touch of hairspray to avoid flyaways.
Rita’s beauty look was simple as to not offset the crown headpiece – her medium complexion means she doesn’t need to apply a huge amount of makeup to achieve a glowing look, so avoid a heavy base! A good cleansing, toning and moisturizing routine means that she just needed a little foundation to touch up. Cheeks were illuminated with a dab of highlighter to accompany a soft golden eye look, achieved by blending a bronze shade across the whole eyelid and finishing off with black waterproof mascara.
In terms of the lip, Rita opted for a hot pink…simply line the lips first to create definition, before filling in with two coats of lip stick. Rita opted for a muted matte lip, achieved by blotting between the first and second coat of color.
Finish the overall makeup look with a makeup setting mist and you’re ready to go!
Photo Source: Getty Images