Ouch Magazine June 2017 covergirl Symon
Photographer: Alex Loucas Hair: Hailey Adickes Makeup: Ashley Donovan
Editor Interview @Rhonda_Mcknight
1. How would you describe your style and your voice?
I grew up being trained in theatre, classical, opera, and pop music. Everything influenced me to make me the artist I am today. I would say my style and voice is just me
2. Who inspires you right now that is already out there? Madonna, Rihanna, Lady Gaga, Halsey, Major Lazer, and Max Martin.
3. What inspires you in general? Woody Allen films, religion, relationships, Audrey Hepburn, Sunset Blvd, Italian food, iconic art, and MUSIC of course
4. Do you write your own songs? If so, which ones? I do write my own songs. I am blessed enough to have the most incredible collaborator and executive producer Gino Barletta. It's like he just gets me more than I get myself. Being apart of the writing process is very important to me as an artist.
5. What is your favorite band of all time or favorite music video?
I think my favorite band of all time would be No Doubt. They were so original and Gwen was so fearless and empowering. My favorite video would be "Baby One More Time" by Britney Spears. That video is truly iconic!! The fact that Britney wanted her peers to relate to it, filming in a school hallway coupled with dance ensembles and a sexy school girl outfit. Just pop perfection.
6. What do you call your fans? Symon Slayers ;) We slay.
7. Do you have any other talents you'd love to share? Hobbies? I actually am fluent in sign language, can hear people do something once and impersonate them, can eat a ton of chocolate at one sitting, and I have a show on Sirius Xm hits1 (Hits1 in Hollywood).
Photographer: Alex Loucas
Hair: Hailey Adickes
Makeup: Ashley Donovan
9. What do you think of mean girls and or girl squads? I despise any groups that leave people out because I remember dealing with nasty girls growing up and it being the most hurtful thing ever. I believe in empowering each other as women, let's all be one giant girl squad
10. Where is the most peaceful place you have been?
I've lived in Sweden and recorded songs there. I found myself feeling so peaceful just being in a space doing what I love, isolated from my daily life. I love Stockholm.
11. Where do you call home? Los Angeles born and raised in the city of Angels! So proud
12. Where would you see yourself in 5 years?
I see myself being happy and content. I'll have had 2 albums out by then, tours all over the world, a top ten hit, a boyfriend who makes me happy, be in films, have a fashion line, and maybe in office?
13. Where can fans reach out to you and do you answer your own social media? I love the relationship I have with my fans more than anything. Nothing more rewarding than opening a snap chat with your fans hearing your song on the radio. Super cool. Connect with me on my socials!! My favorite is Insta @officialsymon