For over 20 years Big Apple Conventions has presented the most outrageously fun comic and popular culture convention in New York City. Founded in 1997, the BACC features a large range of pop culture elements including science fiction/fantasy, film/television, cosplay, animation, anime, manga, toys, horror, collectible card games, video games, web comics, and fantasy and graphic novels.
Along with exhibitors displaying original comic art work and some of the most sought after collectible comic books in history, there are dozens of up and coming artists, independent publishers, plus celebrity panels, seminars, and workshops with professionals from various fields. The Big Apple Comic Con also features previews of upcoming films, and a main event cosplay costume contest.
BACC 2019 features celebrity guests and noted comic book artists including …
- Star Trek’s William Shatner
- Marvel Luke Cage’s/Defenders/Jessica Jones, Mike Colter
- Multiple Golden Globe winner, stage and screen Star, Mike Colter(Sunday Only)
- Star Trek: The Next Generation’s Saturn Award winner Brent Spiner
- Harry Potter’s Chris Rankin
- Archer’s John O’Hurley
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Grammy winning Motown Supremes’ star Mary Wilson
- The Martian Child’s David Gerrold
Comic Creator Guests:
- Frank Cho (Spider-Man, Avengers, The Hulk, Skybourne)
- Tony Isabella (Black Lightning, Luke Cage, Captain America)
- Jim Steranko (S.H.I.E.L.D, Captain America, X-Men)
- Bill Griffith (Zippy The Pinhead, Invisible Ink)
- Jae Lee (The Dreaming, X-Factor, Hellshock)
- Diane Noomin (Twisted Sisters, Glitz-2-Go)
- Arvell Jones (Misty Knight, Deathlok, Power Man)
- Mark Texeira (Black Panther, Wolverine, Ghost Rider)
Dates: Saturday, March 9th from 10am – 7pm / Sunday, March 10th from 10am – 6pm
Location: Penn Plaza Pavilion at the Hotel Pennsylvania, 401 7th Avenue, New York, NY 10001
Purchase tickets at: https://big-apple-comic-con.
Facebook: Big Apple Convention