POPSUGAR Play/Ground celebrates dreams, no matter what they may look like, and provides the tools to achieve them. Festival-goers can expect one-of-a-kind programming that has something for everyone, with an emphasis on wellness, career advancement, activism, self-care, and self-love. The Main Stage will feature uplifting and inspiring panel conversations with headliners Chrissy Teigen, Issa Rae, and Mandy Moore, among others, cutting-edge workouts, and much more to be announced. Further highlights this year include immersive villages:
- The Playground: a space where attendees can tap into their inner child and experience pure joy
- Sugar Studios: a fitness dome programmed with back-to-back workouts from today's leading influencers and most highly sought-after studios
- The Samsung Soul Space Village: a dedicated wellness space offering expert workshops and classes focused on spirituality, stress relief, crystal healing, and more
- The Beauty Carnival: a beauty hub that aims to gamify beauty in the most luring, eye-catching, and experiential way
- The Mall of the Future: a shopping space with numerous brands that everybody will love, from all-time favorites to the up-and-coming. This village will also include The Pop Shop, an area curated by POPSUGAR editors that will feature exclusive collaborations and an entire POPSUGAR product range
“POPSUGAR Play/Ground is going to be even bigger and better this year,” said Lisa Sugar, founder and president of POPSUGAR. “We were thrilled with the community that joined us in year one, and this year we plan to build on our success to bring together women who are ready and excited to learn, play, and be inspired by the incredible talent and experiences we have lined up. POPSUGAR has always celebrated the multihyphenate woman, and Play/Ground is a place where she can embrace and connect with new friends while treating and celebrating herself.”
“I’m thrilled to announce that I’ll be a part of POPSUGAR Play/Ground this June because it’s a festival that celebrates all aspects of the modern-day woman — playfulness, politics, health, wellness, and fearlessness,” Mandy Moore said. “It’s about celebrating her potential and speaking to all sides of her. It’s a weekend dedicated to learning, being inspired, and creating your path to happiness — whatever that may be.”
Immersive retail is a cornerstone of POPSUGAR Play/Ground. In the shopping bazaar, guests will be able to purchase exclusive items curated by both POPSUGAR editors and Play/Ground celebrity headliners, as well as limited-edition product collaborations with POPSUGAR’S favorite brands. Samsung, one of Play/Ground’s presenting sponsors, will partner on the Samsung Soul Space Village, focused on holistic health, spirituality and more. Wendy’s will return to POPSUGAR Play/Ground as a premiere sponsor for the second year in a row.CALIA by Carrie Underwood, Nair, Physicians Formula, Tropicana, and many other brands will also activate at POPSUGAR Play/Ground, producing highly experiential and Instagram-worthy activations that are unique to POPSUGAR Play/Ground.
“POPSUGAR Play/Ground is a leader in the experiential event space, and we are thrilled to bring the festival to NYC for the second year," said Ron Walden, group vice president of ReedPOP West, a division of Reed Exhibitions. “We can't wait to build off last year's success and share the evolution of POPSUGAR Play/Ground in June with our audience."
The two-day festival is expected to attract more than 15,000 attendees.