NYCC Master Classes enable students and fans to learn from stars of the entertainment industry. These one-time only classes feature stars sharing experiences from their own careers, allowing attendees to learn new skills and concepts in a genre of interest.
Workshops give fans an opportunity to roll up their sleeves and dive in to their craft alongside leading experts in a number of artistic fields. Leading experts in each of these fields will offer activities, anecdotes and tips that will deliver unparalleled insight to break through in their field.
Tickets are now on sale at NYCC18.com/TheStudio for the following events with more events announced soon:
- Marvelocity: Comic artist Alex Ross discusses his new Marvel-based book from Pantheon with editor and designer Chip Kidd
- Emmy-winning Producer and screenwriter Ronald D. Moore: The Producer behind Star Trek, Battlestar Galactica and Outlander (NYCC Master Class)
- Building Worlds with The Handmaid’s Tale Costume Designer Ane Crabtree (NYCC Master Class)
- A Conversation with Travis McElroy, Clint McElroy, and Carey Pietsch discussing their latest graphic novel from First Second, The Adventure Zone Here: Here There Be Gerblins and their upcoming follow-up, The Adventure Zone: Murder on the Rockport Limited
- Actor and Comedian Phil LaMarr (Justice League Unlimited, Futurama, MADTV) on the Art Voice Acting (NYCC Master Class)
- Comic Artist and Writer Katie Cook (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, Nothing Special) teaches Writing for Graphic Novels (Workshop)
- Jumping the Voxelgon: How to Start Making Games with Shawn Alexander Allen (Workshop)
- Basic Unarmed Combat For the Screen, taught by renowned Fencing Instructor Jared Kirby (Workshop)
- Filming in New York: Why you should make your next film or TV series in the Empire State, featuring Empire State Development President, CEO and Commissioner Howard Zemsky, experts from the Governor's Office of Motion Picture & Television Development (MPTV) and industry representatives (Workshop)
The Studio @ NYCC is another exciting expansion of New York Comic Con programming and experiences as ReedPOP broadens the event’s reach to every corner of the city. This year’s show will consist of hundreds of events across eight venues including the debut of Anime Fest @ NYCC x Anime Expo at Pier 94, exclusive TV and film panels at the Hammerstein Ballroom and The Hulu Theater at Madison Square Garden, in-depth librarian and educator focused programming at the New York Public Library, and much more.
New York Comic Con is the ultimate pop culture destination event in the United States. NYCC brings the best of comics, television, film, exhibitors, celebrities, cosplay, anime, and more to create memorable, uniquely exciting experiences for fans. These experiences transcend beyond the walls of the Javits Center and continue to live beyond the weekend of NYCC through the online world of Reed POP digital content.